Thursday, April 9, 2009

Finally ~

Well here it is. Another project to check off the list. I am real pleased with how they turned out. But boy is that a lot of work. We redid our kitchen about 17 years ago in our old house and I was sure I would never paint cupboards again. At least this time I didn't have three little helpers. I just had two dogs who were trying to help. Most of the time Candie would lay on the floor by my feet while I worked, but her black tail did end up wagging into the paint a couple of times. I know these pictures still look unfinished, but picture it with new knobs, crown molding on the top of the cabinets, a new countertop, tiled backsplash and new floor.
Does it look ready for a party? I have shifted gears and am planning our Family Fajita Party to celebrate the end of the semester at BYU-I. Maybe they will just see the new paint job and cabinets and not even notice there are no countertops or an old floor. Or I can just wow them with Fajitas and Cupcakes and they will be so busy eating they won't look. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments: