Thursday, February 26, 2009

Remodel update ~

I've had two requests this morning for picture updates, so here you are. We are moving right along with the kitchen. We have removed the laminate countertop and backsplash. Removed old moulding from doors and windows. We took out the microwave, do you like how I say "we", actually it was Rod and Brad. (The microwave was just good for softening butter and needed to be replaced so it had to go.) And the biggest thing - we have painted the kitchen walls. I love the new color. Here are a few pictures so you can get an idea of what is going on. We have picked a terracotta tile for the countertops and smaller 4 inch tiles for the backsplash, which will go from countertop to under the cupboards and cover up the last bit of the green. We will be getting a really neat range hood too.



We also have replaced the old light in the living room. Yes, the old gold thing is gone. I don't have pictures of the new one yet, but trust me it looks so much better than before. Kristine said we should take the old one to Antiques Road Show. I don't think so, if it really was an antique it would have matched all of my antique tables and would be staying.

1 comment:

sandy said...

hey wendy it is looking so good. i love the yellow. it is so sunny and bright.