Tuesday, February 16, 2010

New Puppy Portrait ~

I got Gus to sit still the other day for a picture.  Actually I had his bowl of dinner sitting there and he had to get his picture taken before he could eat. Maybe that is why he has such a concerned look, or maybe it is that he still has too much extra skin. He is growing so fast, but his skin is growing faster.  No kidding, when he lays down by the fire, which is 90 % of his day, his skin lays in folds on the carpet. Actually Bassets are bred to have baggy skin and long ears, so you can tell he is a quality dog. I think it just makes him cuter. I put together his pedigree chart the other day. It was fun to see how many champions he has in his family. We are still trying to decide if we should breed him or just go ahead and get him fixed.  Isn't this face worth passing on to more cute puppies.

Actually, I have a Great Grandpa Gus. We would go visit them on the numbered streets here in Idaho Falls when I was little.  So it would be kind of fun to have him be a "Grandpa Gus" too.  And no, he wasn't named after my grandpa. Kristine named him and thought He looked like a Gus.  I guess he does.

No comments: