Sunday, April 27, 2008

My First Swap Card ~

I added my name to a swap card list with my upline. I have been stamping for years, but since I am new with SU! I was a little hesitant, but I love how these cards turned out. I even did a different color version too.



I used the Always stamp set and the pink card uses Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss and So Saffron inks and papers. I stamped Very Vanilla Cardstock with these inks to make a patterned paper and used Basic Black ink for the heart. I watercolored the heart with Pretty in Pink and an aquapainter. I inked all of the edges with matching ink. For the sentiment I cut a small strip of Very Vanilla cardstock and cut each of the ends with the word window stamp. The phrase was too long to just cut all at once. For the second card I used Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and More Mustard. On this one I used Chocolate Chip to stamp the heart. I still need to add a sentiment to the second card, but it isn't going anywhere so it can wait.


We finally had a spring day here in Idaho. Yesterday we were able to get out and do a little yard work and clean out some flower beds. It felt so good to get outside after our extremely long winter. Just for fun, here are a couple of cute pictures.

Here are my girls, my son-in-law and our sweet grand daughter Kymber. We were in Salt Lake for my nieces wedding in March. It was so fun to see green grass, we still had snow at home.This is my very spoiled, naughty Basset Hound Cassidy. She likes this spot on the couch because she can see out the front window.Here are a couple more pictures of sweet Kymber. She will be one year old this week. We are having a family party on Friday, so I will have to put up more pictures of the party. And of course her birthday card. This little rocking chair was my grandmothers. I think she'd like to see her great great grandbaby sitting in it too.


5 comments:

Vickie said...

These turned out so pretty! I love the colors you chose. You did a great job!! Your baby girl is beautiful!!

Sharon Graham said...

Both cards are so pretty. Both are perfect for a swap! And, your grand daugher is simply adorable.

Hulda Pollock said...

I would love to get those pretty cards in a swap! I think you did a wonderful job and you color combos look great!

Anonymous said...

I love your swap cards - they look great. And your family is adorable too (puppy included!)

Leah said...

These look great - I know the other swappers will be happy.